At Markle BJJ we strive to maintain a positive environment that is both conducive to learning and welcoming to potential students, we require our students, parents, and staff to adhere to the following rules and etiquette.
• Always show respect to your instructors and training partners.
• Do not seek to harm fellow students physically or emotionally.
• Make space for the higher belt and more experienced fighters.
• Always wear a clean GI and maintain good hygiene.
• Wrestling/Mat shoes are allowed ‘only’ if not worn off the mat area.
• Shower and brush your teeth regularly.
• Keep finger and toe nails short and clean.
• Bring a rash guard or T-shirt for No-Gi classes.
• Put your shoes on immediately after leaving the mat area and keep shoes off the mat.
• Do not use profanity in the gym.
• Do not show up late (unless approved)
• Ask permission to enter the mat if you are late.
• Do not talk while the instructor is talking.
• Address coaches as Professor, Sensei, or Coach.
• Parents, do not coach or yell from the sidelines during class.
• If you (the student) or your child is sick, please stay home and rest. Training can wait until you’re healthy.
• Pick up after yourself.
• Help keep our bathrooms clean at all times.
Continual disregard for these guidelines may result in a loss of membership without reimbursement.
We require 30 days written notice or in person. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Declined or returned tuition payments:
There is a fee of $25.00 for each returned tuition payment.